98在线福利网Ohio State is committed to making college more affordable for students who are interested in going here.
Let’s not kid ourselves. Even though studies have shown that it’s worth it, a college education is a huge financial commitment. From tuition and fees to textbooks and food, it can add up. Quickly.
So here are a few ways we’re keeping college affordable and accessible to Buckeyes everywhere.
1. Expanding financial aid
At Ohio State, we have a huge commitment to merit- and need-based aid programs. So much so that since 2015, we’ve increased financial aid for low- to moderate-income Ohioans by $150 million. There are so . For example:
- The President’s Affordability Grant awards up to $2,250 each year in extra support to approximately 15,000 low- and moderate-income Ohio students.
- The Buckeye Opportunity Program ensures that Ohio students who qualify for Pell Grants receive an aid package that covers the full cost of tuition and mandatory fees.
- Land Grant Opportunity Scholarships are awarded to 176 Ohio students each year, with an attempt made to award two students from each county.
2. Digital textbooks reduce costs
The cost of textbooks can sometimes catch families by surprise. That’s why we’re piloting a . With this program, students end up paying 80 percent less than they would on traditional texts.
3. Summer tuition discounts
98在线福利网Complete your course work earlier and have it cost less? Sounds ideal to us. Students who take classes over the summer get a rates. Hello, Oval Beach!
4. The Ohio State tuition guarantee
For every incoming class of first-year Ohio students, for tuition, mandatory fees, room and board and more — and we freeze those rates for four years.
By doing so, we provide students and their families with a certainty about the cost of a four-year degree.
5. Paying forward to military families
We are forever expanding our support of active members of the military, veterans and their families. That’s why we offer the and their families — regardless of their residency.
98在线福利网One way Ohio State is reducing costs for its students is by piloting a digital textbook program that is rooted in its commitment to its Digital Flagship Initiative.
6. The Digital Flagship Initiative
Through this , we provide state-of-the-art educational tools and opportunities for future career development.
All incoming first-year students get an , loaded with features, tools and opportunities for students to learn, grow and engage with learning and tech communities — across the university and the state.
7. The American Talent Initiative
98在线福利网In collaboration with 80 other schools, we helped establish that aims to increase the number of low-income students in higher education through outreach and expanding need-based financial aid.