98在线福利网This extraordinary 11-day “Grand Tour” of Europe features an incredible combination of river, rail, lake and mountain travel.
Includes five nights aboard the deluxe MS Amadeus Silver II. Journey through the western heart of the continent through The Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland, cruising the most scenic sections of the fabled Rhine River. Specially arranged guided excursions feature five great UNESCO World Heritage sites. Explore Amsterdam’s storybook canals, visit Cologne’s magnificent Gothic cathedral, tour the lovely Alsatian city of Strasbourg, cruise through the heart of the Rhine River Valley and walk through Berne’s Old Town. Also visit Germany’s medieval Rüdesheim and 13th-century Heidelberg Castle. Spend two nights each in Lucerne and Zermatt, Switzerland; ride aboard three legendary railways, the Gornergrat Bahn for breathtaking views of the Matterhorn, the Glacier Express from Lucerne to Zermatt and the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel railway; and enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne. This is the trip of a lifetime at an exceptional value! Complement your journey with the two-night Amsterdam Pre-Program.
Tour highlights and included features
- Experience three of the world’s greatest railways, the panoramic Glacier Express, the scenic cogwheel Gornergrat Bahn and the dramatic Pilatus Railway.
- A unique combination of river and lake cruising, rail travel and evenings on land.
- Exclusively chartered, five-night deluxe cruise on the legendary Rhine River, from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, to Basel, Switzerland, with port calls at Cologne, Koblenz, Rüdesheim and Mannheim for Heidelberg, Germany; and Strasbourg, France.
- Deluxe, river-view, air-conditioned Suite or Stateroom, each with a private bathroom.
- All meals served at single, unassigned seatings, early-risers’ coffee, buffet breakfast and lunch, afternoon tea, four-course dinner and late-evening snack, featuring fine continental cuisine.
- Complimentary house wine and beer are served with lunch and dinner.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Farewell Dinner.
- Private cruise along Amsterdam’s picturesque, UNESCO World Heritage site canals.
- Cologne walking tour, including a visit to the magnificent Kölner Dom, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Walking tour of Koblenz, picturesquely located at the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle Rivers, the famous Deutsches Eck.
- Cruise through the scenic Lorelei Passage of the Rhine River Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit to the medieval town of Rüdesheim in the heart of the Rheingau, including a private tasting of local wines.
- Excursion to Heidelberg’s 13th-century hilltop castle.
- Tour of Strasbourg’s historic Old City, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Two nights in the Five-Star PALACE LUZERN HOTEL, with Swiss breakfast each morning.
- Walking tour of historic Lucerne.
- Panoramic Mount Pilatus gondola ascent with lunch at the summit, and the dramatic descent aboard the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel train.
- Scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- Two nights in the chalet-style HOTEL ALEX, with Swiss breakfast each morning.
- Two dinners with house wine in the hotel.
- Rail journey aboard the scenic Gornergrat Bahn, one of the most picturesque train rides in the world, with breathtaking views of the great Matterhorn.
- Transfers and luggage handling abroad for participants whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the itinerary, with experienced local guides.
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers on included excursions.
- Hospitality desk in the hotels and aboard ship.
- The services of experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Directors throughout the program.
- Complimentary use of a state-of-the-art audio headset for each participant while on guided excursions during the cruise.
- Travel document wallet and pre-departure information.
Dates June 24 – July 4, 2017
Cost 98在线福利网 $4,495* (From price. Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Type Land and Cruise
Contact Laura DeRose
98在线福利网 800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 2
June 24 Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
June 25 Day 2 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Embark M.S. AMADEUS SILVER II
June 26 Day 3 - Cologne, Germany
June 27 Day 4 - Koblenz / Rüdesheim
June 28 Day 5 - Mannheim for Heidelberg
June 29 Day 6 - Strasbourg, France
June 30 Day 7 - Basel, Switzerland / Disembark ship / Berne / Interlaken / Zermatt
July 1 Day 8 - Zermatt
July 2 Day 9 - Zermatt / Andermatt / Lucerne
July 3 Day 10 - Lucerne
July 4 Day 11 - Lucerne / Zurich / U.S.
98在线福利网Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.
Contact Laura DeRose at Ohio State Alumni Tours
Phone: (614) 292-2372 or (800) 852-TOUR (8687), ext. 2
Space is limited. Book your tour now!