Journey to a South American oasis where landscapes flaunt snowcapped Andean peaks, and sprawling metropolises unveil rich cultural treasures.
Explore colonial Santiago and join local cowboys for a delightful barbecue lunch in the Chilean Lake District. Sail across crystal lakes into Argentina and immerse yourself in charming Bariloche, a picturesque town evocative of a Swiss alpine village that boasts the nearby Nahuel Huapi National Park. Discover the allure of cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, known as the Paris of South America. See the famed Casa Rosada, the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Teatro Colón. Visit the diverse and beguiling corners of the city such as the Recoleta, La Boca and Palermo neighborhoods. Local guides and expert speakers will fascinate you during included excursions and lectures. Deluxe accommodations have been reserved throughout, and your extensive meal plan includes wine with dinner. This small-group experience provides ample free time to explore at your leisure and make your own discoveries.
Tour highlights and included features
- Your exclusive Small-Group experience is limited to 28 travelers to maximize your travel experience.
- A uniquely designed itinerary provides exceptional opportunities to experience the landscape, wildlife and culture of Argentina and Chile.
- Experience life on an authentic Chilean ranch and watch an enthralling rodeo demonstration.
- Cross the tranquil Andean Lakes to Argentina.
- Explore the sights and sounds of Buenos Aires, Argentina’s lively capital.
- Delight in an evening in and Argentine home with dinner and tango lessons.
- Two nights in Viña del Mar, Chile, at the deluxe Sheraton Miramar.
- Three nights in Puerto Varas, Chile, at the deluxe Hotel Patagónico.
- Two nights in San Carlos de Bariloche at the deluxe Llao Llao Hotel & Resort.
- Three nights in Buenos Aires, Argentina, at the deluxe Alvear Palace Hotel.
- All flights, cruises and deluxe motor coach transfers in the Land Program itinerary and baggage handling on these transfers are included.
- Informative educational programs presented by local experts will enhance your insight into the region.
- All excursions as outlined in your program itinerary.
- Attend a Welcome Reception and Welcome Dinner.
- Gather for a Farewell Reception and Dinner.
- Enjoy 10 breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners; tea or coffee with all meals, plus wine with dinner.
- Sample authentic regional specialties during select meals at featured local restaurants.
- Consultation services of a dedicated Passenger Service Representative prior to departure.
- Services of an experienced Travel Director throughout your stay.
- Tipping of excursion guides and drivers.
- Detailed travel and destination information to assist in planning.
- Complimentary travel wallet.
Dates Feb. 4 – Feb. 16, 2017
Cost 98在线福利网 $4,695* (Airfare is not included. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and early booking deadlines. Dates, itineraries, and prices are subject to change.)
Region South America
Contact Laura DeRose
98在线福利网 800-852-TOUR (8687), ext. 2
Feb. 4 Day 1 - In Transit
Depart for Santiago, Chile.
Feb. 5 Day 2 - Santiago / Viña del Mar
Upon arrival, transfer to Viña del Mar and check in to the Sheraton Miramar.
This evening, join fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception and Dinner.
Feb. 6 Day 3 - Viña del Mar / Valparaíso
Excursion: Chile's Cities. Explore the pretty town and blossoming boulevards of Viña del Mar, often referred to as "The Garden City." Continue to Valparaíso, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Founded in the 16th century, Valparaíso is nestled in a dramatic setting of snaking pathways and edgy street art. Visit La Sebastiana, also known as the Pablo Neruda Museum, a five-story home turned museum. Learn more about the life, and loves, of this beloved poet ans see collections of his artworks and antiques. Then enjoy the bohemian vibe of the vibrant, colorful town.
Educational focus: Contemporary Chile.
Feb. 7 Day 4 - Santiago / Puerto Montt / Puerto Varas
Excursion: Wine Country. Following breakfast, transfer to Santiago International Airport. En Route, enjoy a visit to a local winery. The region is most famous for its red wines such as Pinot Noir and Merlot. Take a tour of the vineyards and enjoy a tasting and lunch. Upon arrival in Puerto Montt, transfer to Puerto Varas and check in to the Enjoy Puerto Varas hotel.
Local Flavor: Gather for dinner at the hotel.
Feb. 8 Day 5 - Puerto Varas
Independent Exploration: Spend the day at leisure in Puerto Varas.
Feb. 9 Day 6 - Puerto Varas
Excursion: Chilean Ranch Visit. Journey to a traditional Chilean ranch. Meet Chilean cowboys, called huasos, and learn about their practices. Watch an exciting rodeo, the national sport.
Local Flavor: Experience a Chilean barbecue.
Independent Exploration: The remainder of the day is at leisure.
Educational Focus: History of Patagonia.
Feb. 10 Day 7 - Puerto Varas, Chile / Bariloche, Argentina
Excursion: Crossing the Andean Lakes. Embark on a journey across the Andean Lakes. Marvel at the pristine beauty of Patagonia and the rivers, waterfalls and volcanoes of the Andes Mountains from Chile to Argentina. End near Puerto Pañuelo, Argentina. Then transfer to Bariloche and check in to the Llao Llao Hotel & Resort.
Local Flavor: Savor regional specialties during dinner at the hotel tonight.
Feb. 11 Day 8 - Bariloche
Independent Exploration: Spend the day at leisure in Bariloche.
Educational Focus: Bariloche and World War II.
Feb. 12 Day 9 - Bariloche / Buenos Aires
Excursion: Lake Nahuel Huapi. Motor along the shore of Lake Nahuel Huapi, a crystal-blue jewel cradled in Argentina's oldest national park. Peaceful Inlets and lagoons provide the foreground for vistas of the Andes Mountains. Take a chairlift to the top of Mount Companario for stunning views. End your excursion in the town of San Carlos de Bariloche and enjoy some time at leisure. Transfer for your flight to Buenos Aires.
98在线福利网Upon arrival, transfer and check in to the Alvear Palace Hotel/
Feb. 13 Day 10 - Buenos Aires
Educational Focus: Contemporary Argentina.
Excursion: La Recoleta. Take a walking tour of Recoleta. Visit the famous Recoleta Cemetery known for its extravagant monuments and grand mausoleums. Argentina's First Lade Eva Perón, writer Jose Hernandez and Argentine boxer Luis Ángel Firpo are among the many luminaries buried here. Try to spot the cats that watch over the cemetery grounds! Continue on to see the Iglesia Nuestra Señora del Pilar, a beautiful colonial church built in the 18th century.
Excursion: Buenos Aires City Tour. From romantic and elegant San Telmo to trendy Palermo and La Recoleta, experience a few of Buenos Aires' most diverse neighborhoods. Begin by wandering the palm-strewn Plazo de Mayo, followed by stops at the captivating Casa Rosada and Metropolitan Cathedral. Admire the elaborate Colón Theater, the city's main opera house, and see the Avenida de Mayo.
Meet the People: Experience true local flavor and hospitality as you are welcomed in to and Argentine home. Savor delicious cuisine, enjoy regional wines and move to the music during your fun, informative tango lessons.
Feb. 14 Day 11 - Buenos Aires
Independent Exploration: Enjoy leisure time. Stroll throught the city or simply relax in one of the city's shady piazzas.
Feb. 15 Day 12 - Buenos Aires In Transit
Independent Exploration: Pick up last-minute momentos during free time on your final morning in Buenos Aires.
Feb. 16 Day 13 - In Transit
Arrive in your gateway city.
*Itinerary subject to change due to local conditions.